Areas of Work
My principals of work are formation of a partnership, LLPs and Limited companies in the professional sector as well as sales, purchases, merges and disputes. So my work is mainly for Solicitors, Doctors, Accountants, Architects and Surveyors.
The notable cases I have worked on are:
- Formation of a facilities LLP between 3 members.
- Formation of LLPs for Solicitors, Architects, Surveyors.
- Litigation between departing partner and continuing partners over the amount due to departing partner.
- Division of a solicitors’ practice into two separate and distinct practices including issues over name.
- Advising landlord clients in respect of covenant strength on a conventional unlimited liability partnership.
- Same on a 1907 Limited Partnership; and same on an LLP.
- Advising supplier company on covenant strength of an LLP.
- Formation of 1907 Limited Partnership for complex property transaction.
- Advising departing partner of Surveyors’ practice including issues over responsibility for bank debts.
- Turning a case that started as a dissolution into a successful creation of two new partnership entities.
I enjoy my work very much and the great challenges and satisfaction that it gives me. When I am not working, I enjoy fell walking and running marathons (I have successfully completed London, Paris, New York, Berlin, Boston, Dublin, Manchester, Edinburgh, Chicago, Washington, Philadelphia, Seattle, Tokyo and Sydney). I prefer participating in sport to spectating, but I do enjoy watching Manchester United, Sale Sharks and the England Cricket team. I also enjoy watching live rock music events at the Manchester Arena and classical music concerts at the Bridgewater Hall.
I am a member of the Law Society, Pro-Manchester and the Institute of Directors.